- Cycling is a great way to stay in shape as well as enjoy the beauty of the Bay Area. I am active in Western Wheelers Bicycle Club (www.westernwheelers.org/main/index.htm)
and probably the Almaden Cycle touring Club - ACTC (www.actc.org) .
- White water rafting is a favorite activity of mine since high school and I have been guiding white water raft trips since 1990 or so. And the first time I camped at Camp Coloma was in 1981.
- Acting is exhilarating and a wonderful activity for me. I usually perform in one show a year for Woodside Community Theatre (www.woodsidetheatre.org). Recent shows include
“Oklahoma”, “Anything Goes”, and “The Music Man”. With Travis playing at football at SJSU, these years, I tend to do more back stage stuff as his football provides too many conflicts for me to be able to perform.
- Toastmasters (as a member of North Valley Toastmasters - www.nvtm.org) - since 1989. This is a great way to enhance/expand your ability to speak in public.
- Membership in “Friends of the River” (www.friendsoftheriver.org) - an organization that supports rafting as well as ways to help protect some of the many rivers that are still
available to the public.
- Cooking - I really enjoy cooking. My style is often that of creating something based on what I can find in the kitchen. But I use recipes when necessary (especially if I haven’t prepared a given dish in the past.)
- Gardening is something that I find as a wonderful way to get fresh vegetables and spices, un-stress, not to mention generating my own mulch rather than tossing vegetation based wasted into the garbage fill.
- I like working with my hands as well. I recently build a new deck for my parents house, some large (6’ x 2.5’ x 2.5’) planter boxes for my parents and my son (at his mothers house.)
But I find all kinds of “handiman” projects to be fun (painting, sheet rock, grouting, you name it.)
- Scuba Diving is another fun activity. As a child, I was jealous of the birds, soaring free in the air, unfettered by gravity. When I scuba dive, I can do the same thing. While I enjoy “flying” through the kelp
forests in Monterey Bay, I have been scuba diving all over including Australia, Trinidad & Tobago, Hawaii, etc.
You can also find me on Facebook.com/FletcherJohnson
and in LinkedIn